Friday, November 21, 2014

Introducing the New Faces of BOCA: Adeline Moran


After a successful BOCA recruiting mixer back in October we’re pleased to introduce one of our newest associate account executives, Adeline Moran. Adeline is from Newport Beach in southern California and went to the same high school as our founder, Kathleen Shanahan, before making her way to UC Santa Cruz to study business management and economics. She currently lives in Mountain View and has made the Bay Area her home.

1. How would your family and friends describe you?
People would say I’m always happy, positive, upbeat, and optimistic. I also really enjoy running and started back in middle school when I participated in a program called Students Run L.A. and ran in the LA Marathon.  I’ve done the Nike Women’s half marathon too, and I still enjoy participating in races whenever I can.

2. How did you hear about BOCA and what are your job duties?
I heard about BOCA from Ivy, whom I previously worked with at Nadel Phelan, Inc. As for my role, I make sure to keep up on the latest industry trends and find ways to insert our clients into the greater conversation. I also help manage reporting, as well as run our clients speaking and awards programs.

3. If you could be a fictional character for a day who would you be?
Olivia Pope from the TV show Scandal. She is an overall strong female lead character, poised, and has an amazing wardrobe, not to mention beauty and wit.

4. What’s a random skill you wish you could do or learn to do better?
I’d like to be less clumsy, but I guess that’s not really a skill. Being aesthetically more creative is something that appeals to me. I can think of great creative ideas, but putting them in practice is challenging. Graphic design or freestyle drawing would be a cool skill to have. Also, keeping plants alive. I can’t keep plants alive for the life of me.

5. Where would you like to travel and why?
New Zealand and Australia are at the top of my list. The beautiful scenery and nature is very appealing. Getting a chance to visit the Great Barrier Reef would be an incredible experience. I’d also love to spend more time in Thailand, visit Morocco and go to Ireland since I have a lot of family over there.

6. What famous person would you like to have a 30-minute conversation with?
Aaron Levie, CEO of Box. He is a young, sharp-minded, witty and successful. He is not afraid to make commentary on the latest news topics, voicing his true opinions (if you don’t follow him on Twitter, you should start). It would be interesting to learn how he got to where he is now, if this was always what he envisioned his life to be, and what he wants to do in the future.

No comments: